Share the post "How to STOP Sugar Cravings | For a Slim Waist + Clear Mind (Natural Approach)"
Sugar cravings are natural. Throughout evolution, humans have been programmed to desire sweet tasting foods. That being said, it’s very hard to control sugar cravings, if you don’t understand where they are coming from to begin with. Sugar cravings are usually our bodies simply asking for energy or it can be a sign that something in our diet/lifestyle is not in balance. However, sugar actually isn’t always the problem. The problem usually is the addictive cycle that’s created by consuming processed sugar, feeling the sugar rush (blood sugar spike), crashing, and then beginning this vicious cycle all over again.
When your blood sugar is low that’s when you’re most vulnerable to cravings. This is because that’s when your body is looking for energy. Our bodies always want to be in balance, this includes always having a balanced amount of sugar in our blood. For example, have you ever notice craving something sweet after a large satisfying meal? Well, this is because when you eat a large meal all your energy is diverted to your stomach to digest the meal, which leaves you feeling sluggish and usually with a sugar craving.
The best way to curb and alleviate an intense sugar craving is to provide the body with the sweetness that it’s craving by simply eating some naturally sweet foods. I do not believe in trying to override natural instincts. Of course, it helps to have discipline around food, but trying to control the body by using the mind is very challenging in the long term. The mind usually wins.
Try slowly incorporating some of the strategies:
- Avoid buying processed sugary foods. This strategy takes discipline but I found it’s one that works.
- Eat healthy whole sweet foods to alleviate cravings, sweet vegetables and fruit are best. Have these available and ready to eat when cravings set.
- Drink enough Water. Dehydration can manifest as a mild hunger/ a sugar craving. Try taking a deep breath, and then drinking a full glass of water next time you’re craving something sweet. Chances are this will eliminate your craving.
- Get enough sleep. Low energy = sugar cravings. Our bodies want to remain in balance. The less energy you have, the more vulnerable you will be to sugar cravings.
- Exercise! Having a daily exercise regimen can help curb cravings by increasing energy levels throughout the day. Also exercise helps to maintain balanced blood sugar.
Get Devin’s FREE 5 day “life cleanse” to start eating clean and dramatically increase your energy, accelerate weight loss, and totally jump start your health and life: CLICK HERE
Like this? Please share!
Thanks for your support and sharing the gift of health with others 🙂